Submitting photos to competition

Discussion in 'Photo Competitions' started by GillianS, Dec 20, 2006.

1. GillianS

GillianS Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone explain to me how to submit photos to the competition. I have gone through all the PhotoBucket scene (including downloading Flock) and have uploaded my photos. I now have two IE windows side-by-side and am ready to copy my photos over ââ?¬â?? but, for the life of me, I cannot work out what to click on or what to do to submit the photos.

Gillian

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Hi, Gillian - if you copy the bottom of the three lines under your photo on photobucket, and paste into your post here, when you post, it should show as your photo....

Fingers crossed! [​IMG]

3. GillianS

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for that. But I'm beginning to think I must just be thick. I don't what you mean when you say "into your post here". Do you mean I just drop the copied line any old where on the "post" that I submitted earlier? And what of my other two photos? Where do I submit them.

I must admit I am finding this site rather un-user-friendly!

4. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    As Dend says, you Paste the third line under your image in Photobucket (the one starting IMG ) anywhere you choose in your message to this site. If you want to post more than one picture in a message then, go back to Bucket and Copy the third line under the next picture and Paste that into your message, wherever you like. Repeat for each picture. When you Add Reply the pictures will appear (with any luck) To check that you have done it correctly you can always Preview Post before Adding Reply.

5. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Wha I mean by "posting" is by writing a message in the same way you did when you wrote the first and third items above. OR you can re-open any of your previous "posts" by clicking on the icon above them that has a pencil and paper - that allows you to edit that post, and you can paste in there instead.

You can copy and paste either by using the normal edit key in your toolbar in your browser, or by using the CTRL key, holding it down at the same time as the key for letter "C", (which means "copy"), then go to where you want to paste, and hold down the ctrl key at the same time as letter "v" key - that means "paste". Hope that helps!

6. GillianS

Ratings:
    +0
  7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    You did it!!! Fantastic! Now all you need to do (if you haven't already) is to put them into the competition thread for December.

8. GillianS

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I did it ââ?¬â?? almost! I stupidly did them all on the same form (I now know I should have done them separately), and without their labels.

I've got to take time off to recuperate before I work out how to put them into the competition thread for December!

Anyway, a big thank you to all the kind people who helped me, including Nathan! I do appreciate it.

Gillian

9. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    It's perfectly ok to keep them in one post - but yes, a title for each is good! Have a few of these and you'll feel better! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Well done, Gillian, and welcome to GC. Enjoy!

11. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    YAY - well done and lovely pics - make sure you put them in the comp before the end of Dec!

12. flower power

flower power Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    wishing you all amerry xmas andhappy and healthy new year

13. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Ratings:
    +172
    Same to you, Flower Power! Have a browse around the whole site, and you'll keep bumping into us! :D