Sure I should know this but brain gone to mince!

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by silu, Jul 3, 2016.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    This herbaceous plant is in a friend's garden. She asked me what it was as she knows I'm a keen gardener...failed miserably. The photo ain't much help! My phone is broken so can't use that to take photo and my ancient camera is now taking photos with everything blue for some unknown reason. Modern tech and I don't engage in a love affair:). The plant is flowering atm, is about 6 inches tall and has a growing habit similarly to the likes of Aubrietia. The leaves are a really lovely quite bright yellow and flowers are bluey purple. It is similar colour wise to the likes of Agastache Golden Jubilee but much smaller. I grow Agastache so know it's not that. The plant has no desernable scent. It's really pretty and I've been promised a bit come the end of the season so the least I can do is try and find out what it's called. Hope the likes of @Silver surfer is about, she'll have the answer in a nano second:). Thanks.
    002.JPG

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer PLANTAHOLIC

Semi retired amateur plantaholic gardener
    Ratings:
    +3,344
  3. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::ThankYou: YES it's Veronica prostrata Aztec Gold. Great job @Silver surfer you never disappoint despite the dreadful photo. I knew there was something very familiar about it. Maybe because I grow about 1/2 dozen Veronicas already! but obviously as the name suggests this 1 is prostrate unlike the ones I already have. It's a very pretty plant and I will be reminding :) my neighbour that a bit would be very happy here.