Surfinia(hanging baskets)

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by robbo, May 12, 2012.

1. robbo

robbo Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Would it be worth making up some hanging baskets filled with surfinia and hanging them in a place where the sun doesnt arrive till 3.00pm or would i be wasting my time,(missus wants some for the royal celebration). Thanks

2. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,248
    Hi Robbo -- I presume you get the sun then until 8 pm ? This should be Ok'ish for Surfinia . As the Jubilee is in three weeks you are not going to have a great show of Surfs , plus I think with the poor spring weather everything is about 2 weeks late . For shady basket /container spots I use trailing Begonias , but they only get really flowering in late June . I would give Lizzie and Phil a ring and ask if they could delay the Jubilee for a month :snork:

3. robbo

robbo Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers for the reply, now came up with the idea of planting them in the baskets, then hanging them out of the back of the house where they will get sunshine all day,once established then moving them to the late sunshine bit at the front...........:dunno: