Tatton Park and Mansion

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Blueroses, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Blueroses

Blueroses Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I went to Tatton Park in Cheshire on Saturday. There was an Orchid Show being held there which was free entry. A lot to look at in one day, but we managed the Orchid Show, the Farm, the Kitchen gardens and a long walk which led to a japanese garden amongst a lot of others. No time for the mansion . Thoroughly enjoyed it ! I have made an albumn with pics from the day which are currently showing on the main page 'Latest Albumn pictures' :thumb:

http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    I enjoyed that.

Tatton Park is "down the road" from us. We've been going there occasionally for forty years. The kids loved to go to the "Victorian Farm." Our most recent visit was during the fine weather over Easter when we had a "family day out" with our kids and the grandchildren. There's an area where visitors are allowed to have B-B-Qs as long as they are "above ground."
    Although we took two other cars we made our "base," "Ruby" our youngest son's 1967 VW Campervan, which he has restored to as new condition. It's nice to be able to have a "proper cup of tea" made with water boiled in a kettle on a stove.
    The kids had a great time near the lake. In this "modern age" it's nice to think they can enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I've got a cupcake!"

[​IMG]

There are lots of events held there during the year, the most recent being the "Classic Car Show" over the bank holiday. The only downside is that the access becomes choked at really busy times.

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668