Terminalia chebula

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by sal73, Dec 9, 2012.

1. sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,998
    As Christamas is coming my local fruit and veg is getting lots of new and never seen before nuts , yesterday I learned that jack fruit seeds are eaten like nuts , so got a bag of Jackfruit seeds , then I`ve noticed another nut called harar (Terminalia chebula ) apparently used in medicine , searching on internet the Terminalia chebula is apparently a frost hardy plant , but how hardy don`t know it ......any one ever heard off?

not a pretty tree but really nice roots system .

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,087
    Terminalia ivorensis,= Idigbo, Sal.
    Other than that, not a clue.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,015
      Sal - I really do admire your enthusiasm (and your local store). You must sometime do a write up of all the items that you have grown from food shops. :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
      • sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,998
        I`ve just asked my mate Tony , who so far have grown about 250 plants out of seeds from shop , it`s basicly a tropical wallnut , so will die around the 3rd year if is potted , seams that really hate confined roots , the leaves of the young plant are really big ...so worth try one and see what uppen.
        got to be planted asap , like many other tropical only have a short germination time.