Thats the way

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by moonraker, Jan 31, 2013.

1. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    If you read the weather for today you'd have seen its rain here and so a stay inside sort of day,
    Now part of my workshop has one of those 1960's food cubourds,

you know the ones with a draw bridge sort of thing that when opened its got a tea/caddy and bread bin/ and tin lined cool area,

its got top section and a bottom section for storing food,
    It was the 1950/60's idea of a fitted kitchen.

Well we keep all the jams/chutneys/jars of plums etc,
    It was while i was looking for last years jars of tomato's for a pizza base that the other half wanted to make for dinner,

It really is a nice feeling to be using last summers crops now "january" and they still have the smell and fresh taste today.

The jams are all home made and i think you cant go wrong by planting cane fruit
    or any fruit,
    Once the fruit has rooted and starts to grow, you've years of fruit to use and if you think of the price today of fruit trees/bush fruit and then think what your asked to pay for fresh fruit in the shops!

i think you'll agree its a cheap today & future price to pay for these fruits tobe planted in your own garden or large oak tubs if you dont have a garden but depend on a patio space.

Food isn't and wont get any cheaper and when it comes to what you put in your mouth just ask yourself isn't it better to know where your food comes from and how its grown!

:SUNsmile: