The Forbidden Corner

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Helofadigger, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'ave just "found" this place on the internet and was wondering if any of you guys and girls have visited the place, it sounds so very exciting for adults and also idea for the youngsters to tag along too.

It started off as Mr C.R.Armstrong O.B.E private folly and is set amongst 4 acres of gardens, but is now open to the public although you have to pre-book before you go.

It's in North Yorkshire between Harrogate and Catterick.
    I would so like to pop up and have alook around! :D
    Helen.xxx.

2. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Helen [​IMG]

Do you have the web address?

[​IMG]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  4. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  5. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    helen looks great ,wish i lived closer
    looks like you could spend a few good hours there [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Too right Kathy I'm not sure Bob and I will have a chance to go this year but it's one I'm sure we will get to next year. ;)

I'm sure you have lovely gardens to visit up where you are Kathy maybe if you search the web you might find something like this place.

Helen.xxx.

7. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    Just seen this thread. Yes I have been there - its terrific fun. Its really for kids, which is why it suited me so well. Very imaginative, with quite a big portion underground.

You start off at the entrance by going into a huge mouth. You have to bend to miss the tonsils, and as you go by it gives a huge beltch! That sets the tone for the rest!

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Peter now you have me so jealous I'm just itching to go and have a good old mess around.

I'm pretty sure that I too would have a great time there being a big kid just like you! :D
    Helen.xxx.

9. Nursewhen

Nursewhen Gardener

Configuration management analyst
    Ratings:
    +45
    Tarnation! Dr When and I are medieval re-enactors and most years we go to Middleham to put on a show at the castle (we're the household of King Richard III and Middleham was his castle).
    Every year we pass signs for the Forbidden Corner and never made time to go and see it. I wish we had now, it looks right up Dr When's street.

[ 16. November 2007, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: NurseWhen ]

10. Nicky

Nicky Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    We went years ago soon after it opened and it was great. We loved it, although my mother didn't do the underground bits. Our son was infant age. We went though all the clues (they rhyme), although there was one bit that we just couldn't find a way into!
    One thing I would say is that if you have children, young ones should be accompanied all the time as it would be sooo easy for them to go into a door without you noticing, and you might not be able to find them. (A bit like the panic when you lose your child in a shop)

I think you have to book in advance (they had big problems with traffic to begin with)

Oh, and there is one bit that you might not want to try to squeeze through if you are waistline challenged!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    looks very interesting, wouldnt be too far for me to get there, one day.