The gardening season is here... the less obvious signs?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Selleri, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
    +8,039
    How do you tell The Season is back, apart from the obvious? Some observations:

- Tesco online shopping, especially the frozen food market trebles the usual sales. Honestly, with all these things to do in the garden who has time to shop and cook? Its frozen pizzas for 2 months as we lovingly care for our organic beetroot seedlings.

- Well groomed ladies i business suits with a set of broken, dirt-lined nails. In fact, there's a secret sisterhood of us who on Monday morning recognise each other and just flash the quick, knowing smile. The cherry tomatoes have been planted.

Spring! [​IMG]

2. barb

barb Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi selleri have to agree with you regarding hand and nails. I try and use gloves ,in the end I give up and just dive in without them. Then spend at least one hour cleaning nails after finishing. Hope your toms do well. Cheers Barb.

3. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    What amusing observations Selleri :hehe:

4. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    :hehe:Gets up my nails as well:hehe: dont you just hate that????
    robert

5. Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
    +8,039
    Another one. It starts to rain after a week of sunshine and suddenly you see people smiling and caressing the well needed raindrops on their cheeks. Yes! A gentle spring rain! Exactly what my fresh Astilbe sprouts need! [​IMG]

(And this was written in Newcastle where the sun is mostly considered to be an occasional decorative item. )

6. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    On sunday I was doing some planting and giving each plant a good trowel full of nice manure to keep it going. I soon got sick of it falling off the trowel so just grabbed it by the handful. The wife played war when she caught me:)

I can relate to that. Standing outside my office on my cigarette break in the rain with a big smile on my face while everyone else was looking as miserable as usual.

7. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17

Oh this is soooo true!! Although i do tend to find the paperclips in the office are good for using to pick the remaining dirt out with lol. Am sure people wonder why half the paperclips are now all bent out of shape and beyond using!