The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kandy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Tonight is the final of The Great British Bake Off and I and Mr K will be glued to the TV at 8pm {BBC2} to see who is going to win after all these weeks.:DI've got my money on Holly,but we think and so does a lot of people that Mary-Anne will sneak in to be crowned the winner.:DDon't think Essex Jo will win but who can tell:loll:

It has been lovely to see people from all walks of life show what great foods they can cook and have shared every moment with them as well as the disasters.Nice to see as well young men taking part and they have been brilliant cooks and at least one has said that he wants to take it up full time:thumbsup:

I would have liked to have seen Janet win even with those eyes,but sadly she got voted off last week:cry3:

2. cbcarolyn

cbcarolyn Gardener

Ratings:
    +11
    I will be watching - I see there are a couple of masterclasses after this.

Didn't think that the bakers were as good as the last series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Nice to see that Jo won in the end although I really thought that Holly would win:DAlso at the end they showed what some of the losers are going to be doing and a couple of the lads are going to do something with their talents in baking which is all to the good:)

I missed series one so have no idea whether this years contestants were better or worse :dunno:

• Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +865
      I too was pleased to see Jo win. Although undoubtedly a very talented baker (but then most of them were), I didn't really like Holly, mainly because quite early on, her attitude suggested that she thought she ought to win.

I did watch the first series, (although I wouldn't like to say whether this series' contenders were better or worse than those of series one) and I appreciate you can't hope to win these sort of competitions 'cold', but I do wonder whether that rather awful 'trophy' was actually worth practising the same recipe 10 or more times :what: