The Macro Bud Flower Seed & Leaf Top 30 Photo Comp 2013 !... Votes..!!

Discussion in 'Photo Competitions' started by Marley Farley, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :hapydancsmil: Voting time ..!!! :yay:

:) Here we are at the end of the year & hasn't it just flown by.. it has been a funny year for the plants, but we have seen some cracking photography from you all again..!! :SUNsmile:
    So will it be just as hard/easy to choose 3 photos here!!!!!! :heehee:

Voting will close at 11,59.hrs. on Saturday 28th December 2013. :dbgrtmb:
    :) So all that remains for me to do is wish, everybody who entered... "Good Luck".! :yay:

:thumbsup: HERE is a link to the photos to help you decide..

Users Vote Guidelines below:-

1. Competitors cannot vote for any of their own photographs.

2. Please vote on a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place basis with 1st place carrying 5 points, 2nd place 3 points and 3rd place 1 point - Please give a short explanation as to why you voted for each photo..

* The photograph with the highest points wins.
    NO VOTES FOR 2 1st PLACES ETC

3. Votes should be cast within 7 days after this thread starting.

All members of the forum get a vote, not just those who've submitted pictures.
    The Winning photos will go in our end of year Gallery..

Thanks

Marley. :)

2. Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
    Ratings:
    +7,491
    Such wonderful photos and so difficult to choose again. I've voted in most of the competitions this year and it's been a pleasure to see everybodys lovely photos throughout the year. So good luck everyone and lets have some more fab competitions in 2014. :dbgrtmb:

Here's my top 3

Dave W......."Chance Encounter" I went through all of the photos a few times and this is the photo I kept returning to. It's a stark and chilly composition. Looking at it I can feel the coldness of autumn/winter reflected in a solitary leaf encrusted with ice droplets. Love it!

Woo......."Haven't Got a Clue" I haven't got a clue either but I don't need one to appreciate the beauty and the detail. Lovely shot.

HsuH......."Porcelain Pearls" Beautiful delicate pinks showing lovely detail and mother nature at her finest. A fab composition.

3. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Isn't this voting premature as there's only been 23 entries and 2013 hasn't finished yet?

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/fo...flower-seed-and-leaf-photo-comp-2-2013.52806/

Surely, unless 30 entries have been submitted that last day should be 31st December?

P.S. Could somebody please check my arithmetic? 19 pics on p1 + 4 on p2 = 23.

4. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,889
    I agree with Fern, so difficult to choose!

1......Trunky......The Face Of Summer.....Getting the focusing right on Macro is always difficult, this shot is spot on. Sunflowers, the smile of summer. :)

2.....Dave W.....Chance Encounter.....I like the ice cool blues, a little different to the norm. As Fern says, it's a shot that makes you return to take another look.

3.....Mowgley.....Spiky.....I like the detail that shows on this shot.

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    1st.. Dave W... Chance Encounter.. Bewitching Bejeweled..

2nd... Woo... Haven't Got a Clue... The definition & colours make it such a striking shot..

3rd... Mowgley... Spikey... Super clarity & colours...

6. Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
    Ratings:
    +10,740
    1st.....Jenny.....In the Pink.....Love the way that solitary, delicate flower stands out from the background.

2nd.....Sheal.....Leaf.....Such a simple subject, beautifully captured.

3rd.....Marley.....She's Gone to Seed.....Nice sharp photo of an interesting subject.

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    1st.....Jenny........In the pink..... Lovely pastel colours,exquisite simplicity I just love this image :wub2:
    2nd....Mowgly.....Canna seed pods......Technically brilliant(sharp,background blur,good colour of subject) :blue thumb:

3rd....Dave W........Spindle tree on a misty, moisty morning. Good colour,raindrop concept well thought out:)

8. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    I found choosing just three photos rather difficult. The first two were fairly easy to choose but it was almost a flip of the coin between two photos for third place.

1- Sheal. Leaf. A nice crisp photo that shows the beauty of a single leaf.

2 - Marley. She's Gone to Seed. A nice crisp photo of a delicate subject. Excellent detail.

3 - The Wizard. Do You Like Butter? It was a toss up between this and Jenny's 'In the Pink' and although this one isn't perfectly sharp I chose it in the end because it is such a good example of the use of macro and seeks to show the beauty of a flower that as a weed tends to be overlooked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.