The things you find !!.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by music, Nov 30, 2011.

1. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    I was doing a bit of clearing some rubbish from the loft today. I found a box in the corner of the loft ,it had old papers ,sheet music,and some old comics. They must have been left by some previous occupier. there were two comics which caught my eye. the first was called-
    The Spectator Comics, Hamilton Ontario,December 14th 1960. The other comic was called-
    The Judy,April 4th 1963 cost 5d.
    Inside The Judy was an advert " Look (Tricel) 2-Piece suit from 21 Shillings Ready To Sew with blouse optional extra 6 shillings 6d:yess:. The Company name ,De Trevi. very interesting
    i hope the comics are worth more than that today to a collector:scratch:.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49,452
    It's great finding old stuff like that music, the previous owner of our house left old local newspapers from the 1960s in the garage, it's interesting seeing how cheap houses were then, but looking at the job adverts salaries were minute too.

3. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    When we first moved in, we found a grenade in our loft! It turned out to be an entirely harmless shell, but OH didn't know that as he carried it gingerly to the bottom of the garden. Two nice blokes from the Royal Engineers, who were based just down the road, came around and made sure everything was safe. We even made the local papers. :heehee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +54,140
      When we moved into our bungalow seven years ago we found a box containing '70's 7in vinyl records, some of them being picture discs. I still haven't got round to finding out what they are worth. :)