The X Factor.

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by music, Oct 21, 2015.

1. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    I watch the X Factor regular and have done for a couple of years.
    I have had personal interests with two granddaughters in show business.
    I watched the latest set up, with the six chairs escapade and found myself shouting abuse at the TV.:wallbanging::wallbanging::gaah:. Can't put in the words I used I would be barred;).

The young contestants were almost physically sick with nerves with the extra Pressure/Tension the judges put the contestants through with the 6 chair escapade.
    It could destroy a lot of their confidence for the future. I understand one of the Judges had a Panic attack so what chance have the contestants got.:mad:.

Scrap the 6 chair escapade Mr Simon.:blue thumb:.

Have you any thoughts on this ???.:blue thumb:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +8,435
      Hi I used to be a massive Xfactor fan, but haven't been watching it much recently, however I did see a bit of this weeks episode as we were at friends & they are big fans. I agree with you the chair nonsense is really unfair, it's almost like you are giving someone their dream then you take their dream away I think it's very cruel.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        I just don't see the point of picking 6 contestants when everyone ( including the contestants themselves) knows that only 3 ( or 4) will make it through.

I also think that it's time that Simon Cowell was made to be with the producer or a judge not both.

• Like Like x 1
        • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
          Ratings:
          +7,491
          The contestants should surely know by now what they are getting themselves into. Perhaps they are all thinking of fame and fortune so think it's worth it. Let's face it, no one has their arm up their backs!

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            I also don't like all the self promoting hype that goes on.

Simon Cowell kicked Mason Noise off the show and had him removed from the stage and now Nick Grimshaw has put him into his final 6.
            When he ( Nick ) was asked what he thought Simon would say he said he didn't care.

Now, call me a cynic but I can't see owt like that happening without Simons say so after all it's his show and he is the producer.

• Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +7,491
            It's all contrived and scripted from start to finish. It's an entertainment show at the end of the day. They'll do anything for ratings hence the 6 chairs and the Mason Noise malarkey.

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              I personally think it's about time it was scrapped and something more along the lines of Pop Idol was bought back. At least on that you had contestants who wanted to be singers and not tv presenters ( hang your head in shame Olly Murs you've sold out ). And, judges who were part of the music industry, producers etc, and not Radio 1 dj's, two hit wonder singers, ex talent show singers and a man who thinks he's king of the World. No wonder they've lost 2 million viewers this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +7,491
                Exactly plus it's not a "feel good" show anymore as it's brutal to watch. Even though the contestants should know what to expect by now, it's still hard to watch. It gets trounced in the ratings by Strictly because Strictly isn't a mean show. There is no baying mob for a start and Simon Cowell is just nasty. It's also predictable...we can guess who's going through to the live shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
                • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
                  Ratings:
                  +16,248
                  The format is a disgrace , Simon Cowell pretends to be stressed and caring everything is contrived. The show is akin to throwing christians to the lions ! The X factor is only a talent contest on steroids ,it's time has past if it needs to hype ratings with stunts like the 6 chairs.

• Like Like x 1
                  • Agree Agree x 1