This world just gets more and more silly

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Fat Controller, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +51,883
    BBC article - Post Office haven't formally suspended deliveries but there is apparently some reluctance on their behalf................

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,951
      Health & Safety!!!!!! :old: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Val

• Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
      At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
      Ratings:
      +51,883
      Aye, them begonias are deadly :snork:

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      I listened to this on JVS's show on Three Counties this morning and there are also loads of comments on Three Counties Facebook page.

As an ex postie I can see the problem for the delivery people because the job is hard enough as it is being out in all weathers,but to have to fight through hanging baskets with a heavy pouch on ones shoulder and a handful of mail ready to put through the letter box,this doesn't make the task any easier.Letter boxes that snap the fingers are not liked either,neither is snapping dogs:eeew:

If it was me I would of been tempted to take a pair of scissors and cut back the offending begonias so that I could deliver the mail properly:snork:

Why the old boy couldn't have put the hanging basket hooks round the side so that they didn't block the porch is a mystery.

The post lady in question I believe was having back problems due to the bending down to get under the plants to try and deliver the letters.

Someone in our village has purposely hung their baskets from her porch in such a way that people knock their heads on them as they go to her front door and I was told it gives them a laugh when they see people getting knocked about:eeew:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
        +23,862
        I actually have sympathy for the posty on this. why should they have to negotiate barriers to do their job? if every house had these baskets it would be intolerable!

• Agree Agree x 4
        • lost_in_france

lost_in_france Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +3,138
          Maybe the French (and loads of other countries) route is more sensible then where everyone has a mailbox at the edge of their property so posties don't have to negotiate dogs/plants/lethal letterboxes etc. Does mean you have to go out in the cold and wet to get your mail though so no doubt that would cause a few grumbles :snork:

• Like Like x 2