Tomato Blight

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by tahsocks, Sep 23, 2011.

1. tahsocks

tahsocks Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I have some bad news.

I grow tomatoes hydroponically. I have 3 plants, all with tomatoes on them after just 11 or 12 weeks.

I noticed the other evening that one of the stems had a white "rust" appearance, as if it had some type of mold grow on it.. I bought some fungicide the next day.

I went to apply it, and literally over night the entire of the lower branches of my tomatoes showed sign of "early blight"!!! The stems and trusses all have that horrible black blight "stain" on them.

What do I do? Are they a lost cause!? Who the hell heard of tomato blight on indoor tomatoes?!?!?!

The most annoying thing is my outdoor plants, which have been massively neglected, are fine!

Do I just give it up as a bad job or what? I seem to have removed 70% of the vines from all 3 of my plants... they look like this lolipop trees! What do you think?

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,995
    Are you sure it's blight? Can you post a photo of it. Your description sounds more like Botrytis.

The tell tale signs of Blight are under the leaves, there will be black/brown blotches with white(ish) fringes.