? Tricyrtis hirta: Growing Guide Needed !

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by SvenLittkowski, Jul 22, 2010.

1. SvenLittkowski

SvenLittkowski Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi.

I got finally the seeds of the Tricyrtis hirta, but not enough instructions how to germinate and grow them. i need your assistance.

I live in Jamaica, and my apartment ranges in temperatures from 30°C to 35°C. I wouldn't mind if i could grow them indoors, but outdoors is also available to me, if I would know, how. Thanks.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Hi Sven I have not tried them yet but I hope these bits of info & sites of help...:thumb:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/537/

http://www.absolutewonder.com/tricyrtis.html

3. SvenLittkowski

SvenLittkowski Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Marley,

thanks a lot for your links - they are great! They answer any question I had. Right after having read both link contents, I started to sow the seeds. Will try to grow them indoors since they are partial and full shade plants...

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Hi Sven, glad the info was helpful.. Wishing you luck with them, lt us know when they come through & how they grow am intrigued....
    I am growing some Spider lilies Hymenocallis latifolia from seed I brought home from Jamaica in my greenhouse & they are 2-3 inches high now.. Will take a pic later to show you... :thumb:

5. SvenLittkowski

SvenLittkowski Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Also a quite interesting flower, your lily! I like anything, that's kinda unusual. I recently started with orchids, because they contain a very wide range of sizes, shapes, colors and textures, and even fragrances!

Since three weeks now, I am exchanging seeds like crazy with a lot of people of all sort of different forums! I got already some seeds from south Africa, from the USA, and from South America. I wonder, if you or anyone else here has an interest in exchanging seeds?