Trigger Finger Op

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Madahhlia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I'm due to have a small op for this trifling ailment next week - local anaesthetic. Can anyone tell me, if they've had the op, how much time off work was needed/given?

I keep getting vague answers, ranging from
    1 day - if you feel the need to
    A fortnight - think of the infection risk, tut.

I think something in between will probably be fine so'd like a nice cast-iron bossy doctor's note in my hand signing me off for two days (takes me to the weekend) so I don't have to feel guilty about being ill and not at work.

The advice as to driving is similarly vague - might be as much as 2 weeks but "see how you feel". Left to my own devices I'd drive home from the hospital but I don't see how my insurance company would be happy with such vague advice - surely they'd prefer to have something carved in stone?

Anyway, any experiences?

2. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine had same Op Madahhlia and she was advised at least 4 wks from driving....i'll give her ring to find out more and let you know:dbgrtmb:

3. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    All the best for a speed recovery and :gaah: don't even think of driving home yourself!