1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trowel for arthritic hands?

Discussion in 'Gardening For People With Disabilities' started by Kristen, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Planting out lots of plants from pots makes my arthritic hands ache badly, and I've been wondering what sort of trowel would help.

I have seen these advertised:
    http://www.homgar.com/subcategory.php?categoryID=79&promotion=0
    specifically the trowel:
    http://www.homgar.com/productdetails.php?productID=196&table=garden&categoryID=79&promotion=0
    and wondered if it was the answer?
    [​IMG]
    I can definitely envisage that that angle on my wrist would be better than the conventional straight handled trowel where I have to jab it into the soil like a dagger to make a planting hole!

2. has bean counter

has bean counter Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  3. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    They do look like they'd be easier to use Kristen but I spose the only way to find out is to try them (and then let us know so we can get them too :D)

4. Sar

Sar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That looks great! Feeling the pain in the ball of my hand (do we have a ball in our hand?! :scratch: ) I think that would be a lot kinder when digging out the couch grass.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has tried it?