Tubular Greenhouse Covering

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by varallo, Jan 4, 2010.

1. varallo

varallo Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,
    I have started to build a greenhouse with plastic tubes and the height is Mts 2 - the length is Mts 5.50 and the width is Mts 3.20 so it should be a useable size. I still have to cover same with some form of polythene and am studying a "woven" polythene called 11 mil that I have found on a site in USA. The cost of this item plus shipping to a friend in NYC will make a total cost of abt US$260 but it will be "complete" inasmuch as the edges will be heat sealed and just a matter of popping it onto the frame of tubes. - Then of course I will have to find out the costs of shipping to my home here in Italy - I hope the cost will not be exorbitant !! Does anyone have comments or suggestions ?? :ntwrth:
    [align=right][​IMG][/align]

2. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Hi Varallo!
    I suspect that the cost of shipping from USA to Italy will be astronomical particularly on top of the US$ 260. I'd suggest you try to locate a supplier within the the EU as the shipping charges will be very much less.
    You could try contacting this supplier (there will be others, but it's the one I've used)
    http://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/

Another thing worth knowing is that there are companies that provide much cheaper shipping than the 'normal' ones. They do it by buying up capacity with the 'normal' ones. I've used one for sending out heavy items I've sold on Ebay to the UK, EU and USA and it works out a heck of a lot cheaper.
    The one I've used (again there are others) -
    http://www.parcel2go.com/

3. varallo

varallo Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi dave,
    Many thanks for the useful comments and links. Much appreciated.
    Nick :)