Typing problem

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by rosa, Aug 7, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    when i am typing an e-mail or anything i look up and the words have not typed in, was in the middle of tping an e-mail this morning and all my e-mail dissapeared from the screen, this has just started happening these last couple of days. As far as i know have not done anything for this to start happening, Any ideas to why this has started. :confused:

2. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rosa ...because you say "when i am typing an e-mail or anything " and it appears it's not always just in e-mails, I'm wondering if you have your cursor in place before you start typing ... ie ... when I came onto this reply box to reply to you I have to first click with the mouse in the box so that the 'flickering' cursor appears ..I'm just wondering if you haven't actually clicked onto where you want to type ...... I do it sometimes as well !!! just a thought !! :cool: M-L

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    mona lisa dont think so it is happening when i am in the middle of typing, I have lost everything i had typed the whole lot dissapears and then i have to re-type my letter all over again. :confused:

4. Hex

Hex Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rosa,

I sometimes hit the "Insert" key by mistake..that`s quite interesting [​IMG]

Although it won`t solve your disappearing email problem, a good safeguard is to pre-type the message in a .txt file and then copy/paste it over.

That way if it all goes pear shaped (ie: email server times out etc) you won`t have to do it all again.

5. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa, you must have long fingernails like me ... :D which are not such a good idea, for typing, gardening or pastry making :D :cool: M-L

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    :D :D I wish no mona lisa there not long, i could understand it iff i did have long finger nails.ha ha ha ha.

hi hex, thanks for your advice, funnily enough it hasnt happened again, just playing me up having a daft moment :D :D

7. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Happens to me occasionally rosa, I think it is when you hit the wrong key by mistake and it goes into a different mode.

Take more tonic with it!!! :D :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Maybe Dag as it hasnt happened since, just sent you some mail and i have a horse running at windsor, 8.25 called Linda Green so cheer it on.

I think ill need more than tonic, how about a drop of gin, vodka or a very large glass of wine, now that will do the trick :D :D