Unhappy Aristolochia x kewensis

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by dozzer, Oct 14, 2006.

1. dozzer

dozzer Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been the owner of a specimen of Aristolochia x kewensis for several years. It has grown happily in my NE facing conservatory until fairly recently when it had an attack of woolly aphid. I successfully treated this with Provado Ultimate Bug Killer(systemic). However, since then the plant has begun to lose its leaf colour, becoming a dull green, and there is severe mottling of the leaves. New leaf production also seems to have stopped, or, at least, slowed down. Please help!

2. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well if you will use chemical bug killers...

3. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    If you suspect that it may be the drench, and there is no sign of improvement, then the only thing I can suggest is to change the compost. I use Provado on my tender container pots before putting them in the greenhouse - I am plagued by vine weevil, and have not noticed that the plants checked at all.
    Not the best time of year to to repot, but worth a go. Then feed it weekly til it picks up.