Untrained trigger words/sounds

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by "M", Jan 28, 2013.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Many responsible owners will teach their dogs (or other pets) trigger words to evoke a particular behaviour. But, how many of us discover trigger words - or sounds - which evoke an unexpected behaviour?

Ozwoz likes nothing more in the evening than to play with me, in a tug of war game (yes, yes, read all the blurb on how it shouldn't be encouraged/humans never win/puts dog into Alpha role :rolleyespink: - not my experience) and when we play, his antics really make me chuckle.

Today, I was watching an embedded video on a thread on GC and it gave me a fit of the giggles ....

... cue Ozzywoz, with his toy in his mouth, getting all excited thinking it was play time! :huh: The more I laughed, the more he persisted trying to thrust his pull toy into my hand. :roflol:

So, my lesson for today is: laugh and Ozwoz thinks - playtime!!

For my chooks, they can hear the sound of a mealworm bucket lid being opened from 72 feet away! :loll:

For my cat, he can be deaf for most of the time ... until he hears the sound of a meaty sachet being opened (despite how loud any background noise may or may not be) :heehee:

Those animals are not so daft and soon train us how to care for them the way they prefer it :dbgrtmb:

Which untrained words/sounds bring a consistent response from your feathered/fur babies?

• Like Like x 2
    • kazzie_SE

kazzie_SE Gardener

Ratings:
      +198
      Yep... we have some triggers too. If I sing she'll run and get her ball (lol) and if I act stupid (don't ask), she goes get her ball.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +122,455
        When I was a kid our cat knew when dad's car had turned the corner at the end of our road about 500yds away! She was up and out into the front garden like a shot. I never quite understood this because dad didn't like the cat so never petted it :scratch:

• Like Like x 1