1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetable Gardening Books

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by max, Apr 11, 2005.

1. max

max Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a good first vegetable gardening book. I have tried the local garden centre but can't see what I'm looking for.

2. revin helen

revin helen Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    Dr Hessayon's expert range are ussually pretty good, don't really do veggies myself but my Dad swears by it.

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to try organic growing (I recommend the HDRA encylcopaedia of Organic gardening - see if you can get it on your xmas/birthday list)
    Also try www.nsalg.co.uk for info. Happy growing!