Very confused Narcissus

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by BumbleSlug, Aug 2, 2022.

1. BumbleSlug

BumbleSlug Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    This spring I found a bulb at the back of a cupboard, a straggler that I forgot to plant before Christmas. It had started sprouting in the bag and (assuming that that meant it had been kept cold in the shop before it got to me and it thought the warmth of my room was spring) I planted it in a pot and left it inside on my windowsill.
    In some respects it has thrived, growing very tall and healthy, but it has never flowered or shown signs of dying back like it's brethren that were planted properly outside. I think I may have confused it terribly. XD

If my memory serves me well it is a rather pretty Narcissus and I would love for it to survive to actually flower next year. Any thoughts how/whether that might be possible?

2. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +22,565
    @BumbleSlug I would plant it out with it's relatives and let it get on with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +48,957
      I think it will do better outside too, probably won't flower this year but will give it a chance to build up its reserves for the spring.