Vets Bill

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by wiseowl, Nov 13, 2007.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    This is the vets bill.(Gypsy)
    1 X-ray �£67
    2.X-ray �£67
    3 Interpretation of X-Rays �£66
    4 Injection �£21
    5 32 ml Medicalm �£17
    6 Consultation fee �£77( because It was a Saturday)

TOTAL �£315 APPROX

And please return on Wednesday so we can have some more of you hard earned Money

Yes Gypsy is Insured and the Vet says he wants It all Now and not in 6 weeks time when the Insurance sends me the cheque less �£50 excess
    and Higher premiums,Thanks for reading this post I feel much better now. :D [​IMG]

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    what a rip off john.. when i had to get sophie put down 2 year ago they charged me Ã?£52 [​IMG]

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    whats wrong with gypsy john...

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    What a rip off Woo.No wonder that people I know never take their pets to the vets because of the high vets bills.When our Tina developed Cushing's disease in old age the tablets she was on cost �£89 per month and that went on for two years before she developed Addisons disease through taking the medicine for the first disease...

I can sympathize with you though Woo,it is totally unfair but they know that if you want your pet well again you will pay it. :(

5. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Just as well we humans have a national health service. If I had had to pay for what has been done to me in the last few years I would be bankrupt.
    Of course with Poppy, the German shepherd, having her medical insurance she doesn't have to wait for treatment or diagnosis. :D
    I am just glad we have vets who are good. We used to use a vet who once insisted on giving a diagnosis with the dog in the car. That was because big, soft Duke the labrador, used to bark at vets....and then he got the diagnosis wrong.
    So we took him to our present vets. When Duke opened his mouth to shout at the new vet the vet just grabbed him and said "While he has his mouth open lets have a look at those teeth". Fair took the wind out of Duke's sails.

6. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    sorry woo called you john [​IMG]

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    No Worries Dee ,I can,t remember my name sometimes :D Gypsy is lame again (front leg)same problem a year ago (other foreleg) [​IMG]

8. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    is it age woo? The dog not you :D it happens with older dogs Arthritus.. i know its spelt wrong :rolleyes: one of my staffies was the same the vet said to give her half an asprin a day (honest)it worked for her [​IMG]

9. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    just noticed the time you posted 3.29..cant you sleep? your back giving you gip?

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,471
    Our Millie is one of those cats which seen to get tartar build up on the teeth, she evidently had two loose ones as well. Cost of clean up and two teeth removed -- �£140!
    Still if you have pets you must be prepared to pay for their good health. I can't really call it a rip off but it does seem very expensive.

11. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi Dee Never been much of a sleeper, backs okay Its my revolving brain It keeps working overtime :D Hi Strongy I never mind paying for Gypsy's well being I just felt that It was a bit excessive to look at an X-ray that was clear and charge Ã?£66 for a few seconds . [​IMG]

12. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,471
    Woo, my remark about paying wasn't aimed at you just a general one as I know some people almost try DIY on their pets to save money and that is cruel. I hope Gypsy improves. [​IMG]

13. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,982
    Woo, mention insurance and it a green light to charge what ever they like.
    I put vets in the same category as car repairers, they are all "on the make".
    Its something I'm sure the insurers could help to stop if they liked, but its much easier just to keep raising everyones peremiums.

Hope Gypsy gets better soon.

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,092
    Sorry to hear you've problems with Gypsy again and hope all goes well.

I well remember the high vet bills there as we had two white cats who unfortunately seem to suffer more than others due to gene defects.

Here a vet consultation is 30 Euros (�£20) Saturday included. X-ray less which includes interpretation as you call it, woo. Follow ups are not charged unless medication or another procedure is involved.

To be honest, I think sometimes the insurance companies are a rip off. I don't know what you guys are paying but we personally put about 10 Euros (�£7) per month in our own fund per cat and have done for years ... same thing with our own medical/dental, appliances, car maintenance, etc, etc (different amounts for different things).

Maybe Lady Luck has been with us, but we've always had an overflow ... but we've had our vet bills (and recently a cremation) and we've bought a new fridge/freezer and a wide-screen TV and a larger satellite dish and ... and it's come out of these personal fundings.

Perhaps it's time to think who really gains.

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    sorry to hear about gypsy john . as for the vet bills lucky i got insured from day one as my dog last year ate a bone that my brother was given from work ,i say bone it was more like a raw cows leg.. my dog ate the bone and the day after he couldnt breathe and his lungs were in a awful state . after a week stay at liverpool uni and the vets bill in total was 2,200 [​IMG] [​IMG] needless to say my premium has gone up. never found what the infection was but he not havin anymore bones fullstop