Viburnum Ferrari.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by dalbuie, Oct 25, 2007.

1. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been trying to get hold of a Viburnum Ferrari, I have tried all the garden centres and nurseries I can think of that are local to me but I can't seem to get that one anywhere. I thought about getting one online, could anyone recomend a good online retailer.

Thanks

Carol.

2. Garden Apprentice

Garden Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the plant you are talking about is actualy Viburnum farreri , a good winter flowering type, with white flowers (and incidentaly one of the parents of the more popular Viburnum x bodnantense).

I dont know of any specific places to get it, but you could try a web search for good tree and shrub nurseries and see if any stock it. Failing that try the plant finder facility on the RHS website/

Alternatively if you just want a white flowered winter viburnum (deciduous), then what about Viburnum x bodnantense 'Deben'. This variety has white flowers but is more upright and compact than 'farreri' and perhaps more suitable for a smaller garden. Again try a websearch to find a supplier.

I hope this helps

3. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    carol viburnum/uk a friend down the road delivers
    to this company .northern estates forestry ltd aberdeenshire,fyvie,turriff tel 01651 891106 www.trees-online.co.uk/broadleaf. all you need dalbuie you will find hear [​IMG]

4. dalbuie

dalbuie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    OOPS!! I made sound like a car, never was any good at spelling.
    I would like the Viburnum Farreri because of the scent, its just lovely at this time of the year. The house across the road from me has a couple of them growing in their garden. they are quite big and woody I think they have been in the garden for a few years. I thiught about asking for a cutting.
    I shall have a look at the web site, many thanks.

Carol.

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    they dont sell cars so you will be ok :D if the site doesnt work just put in viburnum uk and it comes up. let us know how you get on

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
  7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15