Wanted - Coronation Chicken

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Victoria, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,139
    Anyone got a quick and simple recipe for Coronation Chicken, please? [​IMG]

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  3. barbaraanne

barbaraanne Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ola

Yes but not so much a recipe but how I do it. Don't know how rural you are in your part of the world but if you can lay your hands on any curry paste - mild to strong it is just a matter of taste and mix it into mayo about 1 tablespoon curry paste to 2 mayo or just try it to taste, you can add more or less, then you can just smother it over your cooked chicken and serve it on a bed of shredded lettuce.

• Like Like x 1
    • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +55,139
      Hi BM and barbaraane! What speed, posted at 1:56 and two recipes back in within ten minutes! [​IMG] I am impressed! :cool: As this is for today with leftover chicken, and I am in the boondocks, I'll have to use curry powder and will combine B'anne's super fast recipe with some of BM's spices ... how's that? :D :D

Muitas obrigadinhas, meus amigos!

• Like Like x 1
      • rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
        +14
        very nice, will have to do my own as i love it, normally i buy it at the shops and it is so easy [​IMG]

• Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
        +3
        I do it all the time!!!!

mix mayo with curry paste and bombay spices - to taste, with apricot churney, and or lime chutney if you like it HOT! bit of lemon juice, bit of lemon zest, a few raisins if I feel like it and mix it all up with chicken.

I then make a ring out of rice and put mucky mixture in the middel!

I am sure it is not authentic, but it alweays goes down well and never comes out twice the same. its one of my "clean the fridge out" dishes.

apparently got its name cos everyone wanted to watch TV when the coronation happened and non of the women wanted to cook - well before TV suppers were invented!

• Like Like x 1
        • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
          Ratings:
          +55,139
          Do we really want to know about your personal habits, Waco? Wow, THAT's the one t'other half would like so I'm making notes except I'd have to substitute the apricot chutney (neither of us like apricots) for Branston's Spicy Pickle! He is also a great fan of rice.

Interesting bit of of history ... didn't know that! [​IMG]

I used Christmas spice last night ... would have put raisins in if I had had some; well, I buy sultanas but I'd eaten them all!

• Like Like x 1