water feature

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by susie123, Jun 11, 2005.

1. susie123

susie123 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi all can anyone tell me how to install a water feature, not that I dont have every confidence in my husbands efforts but I have always been nervous of electrics and water , I thought that the wire had to be underground and covered with something,thanks for any help .susie

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Recent new legislation came out regarding electrics in the garden, so technically speaking someone qualified should do the installation

but yes I would agree the cable should be buried and run through conduit for extra protection

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    If you have an outside power supply, you are okay to do it yourself, as the water feature kits come weatherproof. Your problem comes in getting your power supply to your garden. Ideally this should be armoured cable going to an IP55 weatherproof connection box or socket like these on Screwfix :- [​IMG]

and can be found here :- Screwfix Weatherproof socket.

Before the socket should also be a circuit breaker as well, but this should all be clarified by a qualified electrician.

Nathan.