We'll miss you, Candida ...

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Victoria, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,477
    ... as many of you have followed Candida and Calvos' lives since we found them in a plastic carrier bag just after they were born at the rubbish bins, I find it difficult to tell you we found Candi dead this morning on the roadside at the other side of the orchard from us.

We have taken her to the only Pet Crematorium in Portugal which is conveniently located 45 minutes from us in Monchique.

The options are multiple cremation and they are taken offshore two miles and scattered at sea or private cremation and you get the ashes ... we have gone for the latter. We will collect her ashes tomorrow evening and will scatter part in the wind in the orchards which she loved, a few at the base of the Jacaranda she loved to climb and the remainder where our other two babies are buried under the almond tree.

She would have been 11 months old this coming Wednesday.

She was a tart and a half and we never could control her and she obviously had a boyfriend in the olive orchard the other side of the road from the orange orchard.

Although she was with us briefly, we'll miss her dreadfully and I can't type for crying ... so ...

... here she was as a tyke ...

[​IMG]

... and last night on the deck after she curled up on my lap and purred and nipped at my hand ..

[​IMG]

She brought such joy to us and we'll miss her dreadfully ... rest in peace my little one. [​IMG]

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,624
    Very sorry to hear this LOL, its a real shame.
    At least she had a few good months with you.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    ohhhh LoL so sorry to hear this you must be breaking your heart right now, that is so sad news was wondering why i hadnt heard from you.
    rest in peace little candida, thinking of you and mr LoL at this time [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Oh Lol,I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your dear little cat Candi,what a shame that this little mite that has given you 11 months of love and pleasure has ended up going this way.

No words spoken can help you in your grief at this sad time.Please except our sincere best wishes as you try to come to terms with the loss of your little one.

You have done the right thing by having here back with you.At least she will always be with you in spirit and in your hearts...

I am truly sad for you and your dear husband.... :( [​IMG]

5. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Ever since you called and told me I keep thinking about the sweet little thing, how friendly and loveable she was, so soft and cuddley, how she and her twin climbed on to the bed to be with us when we took care of them last October and many other little incidents. She was such a lovely and loveable cat and we will miss her. Our thoughts are with you and we send you our love, hugs and tears too. xxx

6. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    We're both terribly sorry - it's awful, especially when it happens out of the blue like that. A shock you're totally unprepared for.

You know you're in our thoughts.

Much love from us both. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Truly sorry to hear that LOL, at least you gave her a good home while it lasted.

From us both [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Very sorry LOL,

I know it hurts. I hope you find it a comfort bringing her back home to where she was happy and loved.

Thinking of you.

TO

9. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    How aful to hear your sad news LOL. I know how dreadfully upsetting it is to lose a beloved pet. My thoughts are with you [​IMG]

10. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
  11. fred1935

fred1935 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Very sorry to hear about you losing your little friend, I do know how you might feel, I lost my best friend Milly (dog) last year just before Christmas, I was devastated.

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh LoL :( :( I'm so very sorry :( At least she had 11 very happy months in which she was so very loved :(
    How's Cal bearing up??

13. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am so sorry to hear your sad news LOL :(

I know how much you are hurting, but try to remember that she had a wonderful life with you and knew how much she was loved.

Run free little Candida xx

14. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    I am so sorry to hear this......

after her terrible start and giving her a second chance, just take comfort in the joy you gave her in her short, but very love filled and contented life....

The boys send lots of cuddles to both you and Calvos... [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Both Mrs pip and myself are sorry to hear of your bad news LOL. :(

You must take plesure from knowing that had you not pulled her out of that bin, she would never have known the joy,although briefly, of life and I am sure that both you and Mr LOL gave her the best possible time. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]