We are going to make a medium sized, maybe large to some, wildlife pond in what once was a farm slurry pit. My aim is to attract more birds specifically to what is already a good area and good habitat. We tried to make a clay pond two or three years ago but there were too many rabbit holes and probably tree roots too and it didn't hold much water so we have decided to put in a liner. Here are the first pictures. The first picture shows the slurry pit as it was with the diggers early shaping. The pond will be approximately 8m x 14 at it's largest with a shelf and sloping forwards with a marginal area in front. A little further advanced. And this is how it looked yesterday. The bit at the front is to be the marginal boggy area.