Wetherby Races

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rosa, Aug 3, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just booked 2 days end of october in a pub in wetherby as the horse racing is on the friday and saturday, looking forward to going, anyone interested in horse racing [​IMG]

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I like horse racing..i used to work for william hill for a few years..and also worked for the tote at the cheltenham festival which was brilliant..
    I sometimes go to the races for a day out but havnt been recently..but i am going to the dogs next thursday..
    you should have a good weekend and staying in a pub has got to be good..you will have to take your camera and take some shots..Afriend of mine runs race trips all over the place and also to france but i havnt been for years as other things take over...You know the bookie allways wins dont you ??..I dont gamble a lot only about Ã?£2 a race and i expect a profit .. [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi wildflower, We seem to get our money back it is a hobby more than anything, dont gamble what i cant afford to lose. My mother used to work in ladbrokes years ago she used to always say the same as you the bookies always win.
    I have been to cheltenham races, Newmarket years ago larry hagman from dallas walked past me what a fine man he is, and i love york races.
    Friends of mine have a couple of race horses they are kept near scotland.
    Will take my camera and looking forward to staying in a pub the lady said the only condition is we have to be back by 11.30 as they have no one on later to let us in, we said that is fine a good old lock-in. we hope :D

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    make sure you do get back by 11.30 or you will be locked out .. :cool: I got stuck in the lift at cheltenham races with the middlesborough football team...they were extremely vulgar..i wont go into any details but they recieved a good tongue lashing off me....i have also told john mccirik off..sorry rosa cant spell his name right..you know who i mean that loud bxxxxx that was on big brother the racing man ..he is really vulgar in real life he thinks women are sex objects..he soon found out i wasnt one..and i also met the richest man in ireland at cheltenham cant remember his name either but he took ages getting his money out of his pocket !! thats why he is rich..

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    yeas wilflower Mc cririck iff that is the right spelling, I hate it when he calls that lass on her lap top FEMALE. did you see him on big brother what a horrible sight in those massive bloomers yak what a turn off, dont know how his wife puts up with him mind she is no oil.
    He loves newcastle united he always wears something black x white.
    My friend works for different sports events she is always at the races mainly newcastle and carlisle, she is always having to deal with guys full of drink, she has to politely tell them iff they dont behave they will have to leave the race-course. Patience i a virtue and all that good stuff, she said she feels like throttling them :D

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you meet all sorts at the races..its a good day out..the men are worse in the betting offices they are really rude i was allways shouting at them..they used to be queing to get in before the shop opened and some would stay all day..i used to ask them if they had any diy jobs that needed doing instead of slumped in front of the screen all day..lazy devils..i had to leave as i got astma from all the smoke. as soon as i left so did the astma and its never returned..i think they are smoke free now..when you go to the races its a good mix of people but being i live on the edge of a city it also attracts the dregs of society in the shops ....i used to work in one of their top shops and the boss was a good laugh..he kept disappearing to the pub..i would allways volunteer to fetch him then i would be in the pub also..

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    They obviously had no homes to go to also :D
    The betting shops are not so bad here we know most of the guys that get in them, pretty good sort.
    It will be quite cold at wetherby end of october will have to take my big coat and wrap up warm.
    Snug as a bug in a rug [​IMG]