What Batteries

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by wiseowl, Mar 18, 2007.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,507
    Advice Please at the moment I use two Lithium AA
    Batteries in my camera,I have no Idea If this is the Best option or not,Is it worth getting a charger,and are my present Lithium Batteries rechargeable ,they only last me about 2 weeks.
    Can you please advise .Thank you :confused: [​IMG]

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,If they are rechargeable ones then it will say so on th eside of the batteries.You have probably got the ones that came with the camera,so may have now run them down.You can buy a charger and some rechargeble batteries from Argos or any shops that seelll batteries.You need a t least two sets,so that while one lot is in use then you have another set ready for when one set runs out.How many batteries does your camera hold at any one time?Mine has two but Mr K's holds four.I will take some photos and put them on here so don't run off [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Here you are Woo,this is what we use,though you can get the chargers from other places...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps you in some small way

4. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Woo, Lithium Ion batteries are rechargable (they are used in mobile phones and laptops), but if you didn't get a charger with your camera you might find it hard to find one. Although they are very efficient electrically they are not as robust with regard to charging and discharging as the cheaper Nickel Metal Hydride batteries.

Kandyfloss's suggestion would be a good move. Try to get hold of two sets of high capacity NiMH batteries of at least 2500mAh or better still go for 2700mAh which I think are currently the highest capacity available. One set should last quite a long time in your camera and if you have two sets you should never find yourself looking at the perfect photo opportunity with a dead camera.

5. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,507
    KF and Dave W Many thanks for all this Info
    Its very much appreciated I would like to Print this off with your Permission.Thankyou. [​IMG]

6. oktarine

oktarine Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Check out www.7dayshop.com for fantastic savings on batteries/films/cameras/gadgets etc etc.

They are based in Channel Islands hence tax free, and very very cheap.

I cant find enough words to praise their service.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thats a similar charger to mine that i use for my fuji S9600 mine is a uniross bought at currys and i have the 2500 recargable batterys 4 in my camera. My charger Was �£15 and The 4 batteries were also �£15

8. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,507
    Thanks Oktarine I will look it up,Rosa how many
    Photos do you approximately get from your batteries.Thankyou [​IMG]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    woo its the xd card that determines how many pics you get, but my fuji doesnt last 2 weeks with the charged batteries on the other hand my little sony cyber-shot battery its a square one lasts 3 weeks

10. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,507
    Hi Rosa Thank you for that I am thinking of getting a new camera. [​IMG]

11. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    WOO I get easily over 100 photos from a set of 4 2700mAh batteries.
    Using the flash imposes considerable extra battery drain and in cameras that have a motor driven zoom and/or a motor driven protective cover in front of the lens, drain on the battery is greater than in cameras with manual zoom/normal lens cap.

12. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    It strikes me you must get a charger. I use NIMH rechargeable batteries. 4 years ago I bought a charger with 4 batteries included for �£9.99 (in Homebase I think). Consequently that has been my only cost for 4 years. The electricity used to recharge them is minuscule.

13. craig

craig Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello

I have the same charger as pictured above. I bought it from jessops a couple of years ago and they are still going strong. The 8 batteries came with the charger. Buying this made all the difference - before I was buying batteries every other time I used the camera. Save yourself some money and get a charger. I haven't noticed a decline in their life after many charges.

I have since upgraded to a professional dSLR and the batteries are now being used in a variety of things around the house.

Craig

14. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Fuji do their own charger, and I've found it charges very quickly. Batteries get a bit hot, and need to cool down before replacing. But works for me

15. wyldeflower

wyldeflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my battery charger from Amazon online and i get about 63 photos for every 4 batterys..i allways carry spares in my camera bag..I tend to recharge my batterys every time i take a batch of photos..Amazxon are really good and you get the batterys withing a few days..

Uniross Sprint 1 Hour Battery Charger inc 4 x AA 2700 mAh Rechargeable Batteries - batteries upgraded from 2500 mAh by Uniross Batteries SAS (Electronics - 23 Oct 2006)
    Buy new: �£11.99 5 Used & new from �£11.99
    In stock

Electronics: See all 4,611 items

UniRoss Sprint 90 Min Battery Charger inc 4 x AA 2500 mAh Rechargeable Batteries by Uniross Batteries SAS (Electronics - 23 Oct 2006)
    Buy new: �£9.50 8 Used & new from �£9.39
    In stock

Energizer Super Fast 15min Charger with Car Adapter inc 4 x 2200 mAh Ni-Mh Batteries by Energizer (Electronics - 19 Sep 2006)
    Buy new: �£49.99 �£17.50 18 Used & new from �£16.95
    In Stock