What do you think of your Broadband supplier?

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Aesculus, Jul 1, 2008.

?

Which Broadband provider do you use?

1. AOL (UK)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Orange

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pipex/Homecall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bulldog Communications

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sky Broadband

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Talk Talk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Tiscali

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Toucan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Virgin Media

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (reply to the thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Ive finally had enough of Orange Broadband and have decided to switch suppliers (Looking into BT Total broadband)
    but what i want to know is are there any ISP's which you would recommend? or not:D (like Tiscali...4 months to get a mac code:mad:)

And the poll is just because I'm curious to what ISP is more popular on the forums:thumb:

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    Zen internet. No complaints, good speed (but I have a business connection at home, so less contention-ratio than a domestic connection). 8Mbit I think.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    I'm curious :confused:. Who put up this poll? What is the purpose? :)

4. Slinky

Slinky Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think its pretty obvious Shiney m8:p

5. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I chose talk talk, though I actually signed up with onetel, who talk talk took over.

No complaints, really good deal (£23.99 for broadband and phone (including line rental - so no BT extra, phone includes free after 6pm, and weekend UK calls) would recommend for reliability, helpful call centre staff and everything.

(only have 2.2mb speed - but that's cos I'm on the wrong side of the river to the main terminal which operates the town's schools!

6. Aesculus

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    2.2mb's? I'd be happy with half of that i get roughly 700-800kbs if I'm lucky...(although according to BT i should get at least 6mb's i could only get 40kbs with Tiscali...)
    i will be taking my speed problems up with orange if i don't strangle the indian women on the end of the phone first:rolleyes: i wouldn't mind if they didn't talk with a really thick accent:( although i have to admit she speaks better English than i could Punjabi:D

7. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah an i bet when she rings someone up she gets an english woman she cant understand:rolleyes::D

virgin media here dunno no details about it apart from it works lol :o

8. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    I use AOL, Dont even consider them, always getting problems with my connection.

9. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm with Virgin Media (ex-Telewest) and i've been with them for 8 years. I'm currently at 20mb/s and get great download speeds.

Ant.

10. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just changed from orange to talk talk , was paying 17.99 per month from orange just for broadband , so hope to be saving a bit now that the phone and broadband together . Can`t say i notice any difference , speed sometimes better than others :rolleyes:

11. The Lost Antheus

The Lost Antheus Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I am with Virgin and apart from the occasional problem they have been pretty good. The only downside is having to deal with the "help" desk where it is pot luck as to whether you get someone who actually knows what a computer looks like or not. Some have been very helpful others have just been persistently thick!

12. stuey

stuey Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the unlimited BT account, but it is limited. They throttle your connection during peak times, i go from 400kbs down to 60kbs during these times. And to think i'm paying £25 a month for it.

In 6 months time i'm off to O2's unlimited package. If they do the same as BT during peak times, i wont care so much as its only £7.50.

you may want to check out the forums at www.thinkbroadband.com and see what other ppl have to say.

13. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I use Tiscali, no problems to speak of. I get 2.2Mb/s, Line rental, Phone (with weekend calls free) for £14.99 per month. All calls except weekends, I use a Swiss company and pay 5p per call (of any duration), this costs me about £2 to £3 per month. There's no one like Ex-BT staff for being tight when it comes to phone calls (my former boss used to make all his phone calls from the office, his home phone had a low user discount, tight sod).

14. Aesculus

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    They actually throttle your connection?:eek: for no reason other than the fact that it's peak hours? nothing to with abusing there fair usage policy? well thats BT out of the question then:D what a rip off i would consider asking for your money back if there doing that:thumb:

15. THE MASTER

THE MASTER Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    somthing i just cannot work out

BT owns and runs most of all the phone lines in this wounderful country.
    plesase shoot if in wrong in saying that

why can another company blahh de blahh ect offer deals on a phone line cheaper than BT when BT own the line ,, just does not make sence