What I got for Xmas

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by brightonboy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. brightonboy

brightonboy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a great time with my family for the first time in years.
    Returned home this morning only to find that my New Lawn Mower, New Tools (Xmas presents from my partner) and the box with lots of packets of seeds had been stolen from my shed.
    I am devastated as a lot of you know I have just got my new house with first garden.
    Let´s hope they catch these thieves.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats Awfull BB. Were you insured ?

3. brightonboy

brightonboy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    No we have just moved in and still sorting everything out.
    The shed has a solid door and lock on but they smashed the window.
    All the tools still had labels on and seeds were in a metal box.
    A few personal belongings were taken also.

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nightmare, no chance of recording serial numbers & stuff then.:cry:

You need to fit glazing bars when you get the window sorted out again. And check your hinges, no good having a good lock if they can just unscrew the hinges.

Also, get some geese as guard birds, they will see anything off.

5. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,995
    So sorry to read about your bad experience BB, I was expecting a happy thread not this. I'd be gutted in your situation.

If you haven't already been contacted by them, then I'd recommend the charity Victim Support:
    http://www.victimsupport.org.uk/Home/Help for victims

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    So sorry to hear your bad news BB.:cry: Dont you just wish you could catch these dispicable people and hang them by the gonnads!!!!:mad:

I remember a few years ago a friend of mine going to her mothers for Christmas dinner with her two children.

When she returned someone had broken in and stolen all the childrens presents. The poor kiddies were inconsolable.:(

Lets hope they catch them:mad:

7. brightonboy

brightonboy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is something that I have been told is on the increase so everyone please be careful

8. takemore02withit

Ratings:
    +40
    A year ago last May BB we went on holiday. When we returned all my hanging baskets, tubs, bedding plants, garden furniture, even my clothes prop had been stolen.

I was absolutley devestated. In fact I barely ventured into the garden that summer, I thought whats the point!!! It was Mr 02 who who eventually coaxed me back out there by saying I mustnt let them beat me.

He knows how much i love my garden, bless him. It wasnt easy but I got there in the end.

(To add insult to injury i found out it was someone i worked with who did it, but no witnesses were brave enough to come to the police with me) It ripped the heart right out of me.

9. brightonboy

brightonboy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I can imagine how you feel.
    My partner and I are both disabled and we have been waiting for 3 years for a property with a garden.
    I can do some gardening and was so looking forward to it. But I am not going to let them beat me.

10. takemore02withit

Ratings:
    +40
    Thats the spirit BB. Its such a fantastic feeling when you get your 1st garden.

I was 24 married with two children before I got my 1st garden. Thats where my love for gardening began.:tnp:

11. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    So sad to hear stuff like this. Makes me mad...

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668

Me too, that really sucks, BB:mad:......lets hope they catch them.

Are there any Hockshops near your house, that you could notify them, to be on the lookout for certain items.....might be worth a try:thmb:

13. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    What a shame. How horrid. Sad for you.

14. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Or put a wanted add in the local shop, most people are not that bright & will want to shift things as quick as possible.

I was in the second hand record store with a mate, he was looking through the albums when he started saying, i've got this one, and that one, and that... Hold on a minute, this IS my record collection.

A mutual "friend" had nicked the lot & sold em for drugs. Didn't do him any good though. The drugs killed him.

15. Lizyann

Lizyann Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Very sorry to here what happened to you BB I hope 2011 will bring much happier times gardening, and I hope you are lucky and get your things back.

Norma.