1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What is eating my climbing hydrangea?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Arty Bee, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Arty Bee

Arty Bee Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    I planted a climbing hydrangea against the wall of my house facing the street. There is no garden here and it is coming directly out of a hole the council made for the purpose in the pavement. It has been there a year and something was eating it leaves very badly last summer and it started again this year. I can't see anything. What can it be? It is hardly snails as there is nowhere for them to hide. What can I treat it with? My wife put on some insecticide and it looked better straight away but I would prefer a bio solution. I have both a mix I have made from rhubarb leaves and pythrerum.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,867
    Hello @Berberis Artista would a photo be possible it would be a big help my friend:smile:

3. Arty Bee

Arty Bee Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    The problem is it is looking healthy now my wife but the insecticide on!

I guess I just have to wait for whatever it is to attack again ...