What to do here before winter...

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by jumanji, Oct 20, 2018.

1. jumanji

jumanji Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I moved into this house in the spring and I'm pretty sure everything was cut right back?! But thought I'd ask the experts.

I have a series of photos here and I'm wondering what I need to do for each?

Also I have a large bed of strawberries. Should I be pruning these back? The leaves are very green but look like they are being eaten by something.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
      Ratings:
      +5,404
      Best leave the strawberries alone now and let them die back naturally @jumanji ... as for the rest of those plants, it wouldn`t hurt to cut them back a bit and make sure the weeds are all out, then perhaps stick on some mulch around them for the winter.
      My mother always used to say '' If in doubt do nowt'' :)

• redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
      Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
      Ratings:
      +10,381
      empty fountains. bag all outside cushions tuck inside gazebo, get cat house organized with heater, and water bowl with heater, take inside plants inside, replant any bulbs that was thinned earlier, use up some mulch. put grill away, set up Christmas lights. rake leaves, rake more leaves, still raking leaves, if no snow, rake more leaves.