1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What to plant in these baskets

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Elina, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Elina

Elina Gardener

Part time CEO, full time house manager/maid x Mum
    Ratings:
    +44
    How n What to plant in these baskets so that the bloom all year round? 1498161166662163182808.jpg
    Can i harvets these ivyz from one of the tree to thi or another planter? I love cascading ivyz
    14981612518231099401300.jpg

2. KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,890
    Hi Elena, those wall baskets aren't big enough to do a permanent planting so I would go for seasonal bedding. Starting now you could get trailing Fuchsias, trailing Geraniums, Petunias etc. Then change them around September/October time for Winter Pansies, Ivies ( or depending where you live, small Cyclamen ( they do very well here in the West Midlands ) ).

That Ivy growing up your tree stump u would leave as it is. It looks like a well established plant and is beneficial to all sorts of insects and birdlife.

If you want more they're easily enough to get hold of. Around here I can buy a 6" pot with 5 or 6 well rooted plants in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,686
      Lovely ideas! Trailing fuchsias would look beautiful. I've grown verbena and trailing lobelia in similar baskets, but only for summer.

• Like Like x 1
      • Pop Alexandra

Pop Alexandra Apprentice Gardener

Engineer
        Ratings:
        +12
        I'd also go with verbena. It looks amazing.

• Like Like x 1