What's damaging my plants?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by merleworld, May 5, 2014.

1. merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,087
    Can anyone tell me please what's damaging my Roses?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also got a problem with two crab apples which I bought last Autumn. Because they are newly planted I'm worried that I'm going to lose them. Can someone advise what is causing this please?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated - thank you :help:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Roses.
    Good morning Merleworld I am afraid that your Roses have Blackspot ( Diplocarpon rosae ) in my opinion,the warm and wet weather is just what this Fungal disease loves,I to have a few roses affected,but I knew with the unusually warm weather and the rain it was almost inevitable in my location,with mine every day I diligently remove all the infected leaves(every one)making sure not to leave any on the ground,,and then I either burn them or make sure they are not left in the garden,with this showery weather if you spray then the rain comes and washes it off.:smile:

I spray mine with a spray composed of one part milk and two parts water.

I am not genned up on crab apples but I do know that they are from the same family as the rose

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,352
      I agree with Woo with the roses but your crab Apple has "Scab" fungal disease as Woo has stated clearing up any old leaves and removing and dont put in the compost bin , you could spray , but its a bit too late, knowing you have the problem, in the Autumn clear away all leaves and just before bud break in the spring spray with a fungicide should help clear it up , they are young trees so should be fine. Give the plant a feed which will give it a boost.

Spruce