What's everyone been up to today?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by mztrouble, Sep 21, 2008.

1. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    After my first full year in my house with my newly designed garden, I've been chopping back lots of my plants and weeding, and planting new bulbs (last year I had no flowers till june as didn't get my act together till march because I was busy learning garden stuff)

What has everyone else been up to this weekend?

Ms T

2. Katherna

Katherna Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    mowing the 'lawn' (it's got moss in it now afte rthe weeks of rain we've had), digging and pulling out grass from the border, breaking garden tools on a tree stump, generally having a tidy round.

3. Veggie Patch

Veggie Patch Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Mowed the lawn, Planted a load of bulbs for spring and generaly tied the garden up, In what was lovely weather ( for change ).....

4. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Working, pressure hosing a clients paths and patio.

5. Tiarella

Tiarella Optimistic Gardener

Ratings:
    +120
    I've been digging over my veggie beds and adding manure, digging a new bed outside our front garden wall (excited), pulling up weeds, preparing the pots for winter planting of cyclamen & violas, planting daffs and hyacinths - still loads to do there. Bliss...........I'm quite tired now, though!

6. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Left North Carolina Saturday morning after a week of seeing houses with waterfronts for a future purchase, spent Saturday evening/over night with friends in Virginia, drove back home to PA Sunday afternoon. Did some housework, and plant watering. Tried out my new swing under the pagoda, Monday back to work.

7. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I finished digging my pond and then pottered weeding, planting and general tidying. My hubby was laying the decking :)

8. JB1

JB1 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been getting rid of all my summer flowers that are no longer flowering and generally tidying, getting ready for Autumn.

9. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Walking in the neighboring woods and fields and picking mushrooms ( the ones I can recognize). Cooking mushroom omelette and soup on our fire box (camping style, in the garden). No better way to eat mushrooms, me thinks, smoky croutons, toasted on wood fire, plenty of fresh thyme, and a bottle of red passed over the simmering pot, under the sky.