What's wrong with our Wisteria?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Selina59, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Selina59

Selina59 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I wandered past our wisteria today and spotted these poorly leaves. I'm still a beginner gardener so I have no idea what it could be or how to treat it. :help:

It's a really established plant and these leaves are near the bottom. There are some other yellowed leaves around the bottom but these are the worst.

I took this picture on my phone and the white patches of the leaves seem to be glowing so I'll try and get a better picture on my camera tomorrow if needed.

Please clever people of gardener's corner, how do we make it better? :please:

Attached Files:

2. Grannie Annie

Grannie Annie Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,631
    Hi Selina
    Until you find out what is wrong with your wisteria it might be an idea to destroy any leaves that are infected and this will prevent anything spreading.

3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    Not sure the leaves in the photo are Wisteria ?

4. kels

kels Gardener

Ratings:
    +27
    We have a very old wisteria growing up the side of the bungalow.When we moved in(this yr end april) the wisteria was in a sorry state with some yellow leaves around the bottom. I cut back all the dead wood poss and cut the yellow stem leaves/stems off totally.. someone had hacked at this poor plant before we arrived. I noticed a few buds for flowers but not many flower bloomed poss about 15 which is not a lot for that size plant :( just about no leaves. I cut it back in early may then we had loads of rain have had loads of shoots cutting back to 4 buds on the long stems. I cut back 3x since and the stems are growing new buds and looking far better. Thankfully no yellow leaves or any problems never new what it was just got rid of it quick. Will need to be cut back again in Jan and hopefully will give a better display of flowers next year.

Attached Files: