Which petrol hedge trimmer to buy

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Bear1, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Bear1

Bear1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +28
    So the gardening dilemma of 2023 should I go for stihl our husqvarna our Mountfield hedge trimmer , our should I go cheap and get a titan hedge trimmer, only going to use it twice a year but between my house and doing a family members hedge will be doing a hedge lenght of 350m each time . Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,827
    For that amount of use I'd go 2nd hand if one of the top brands.
    If you get a cheaper one look out for the weight as they tend to be heavier which is a real effort when cutting hedges!

3. Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,893
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan, it is more a less a throw away machine. What models are you thinking of ? I personally use single sided blade hedge trimmers much better for straight hedges / less fatiguing ( for me ) with handle positions and safer . Or maybe a small long reach maybe more usable ?

• Informative Informative x 1