Whileys marginally-less-messy- than-3-months-ago garden

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Whiley, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I took a few snaps yesterday in the garden, thought they were pretty, so jumped on the band wagon and made a thread.

Would love some confirmation on what i have if possible.

[​IMG]
    My pretty little Lily i buried Miss Moneypenny with is giving the sun some attention! So pleased i'm growing things!!

Morgans beautiful patio rose 'Peter Pan' is coming along well, or so i figure!
    [​IMG]

Bit later with the sun dancing across the leaves too.
    [​IMG]

My messy patch where the sparrows go mental.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Prettieeees.

[​IMG]
    Caught the old well set up just as the sun was melting the frost. Would love to tackle it and put something in it, but its been untouched for so many years i think it would fall apart!
    Might experiment and toss some seeds in there for Horatio there to keep on eye on when hes not snoozing.

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Our Japanese Willow Blossom... thingy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really vivid in colour at the moment. If i understand correctly, it only flowers for a few consecutive weeks in a year, and it was bought with that intenion as a memorial for when Darrens grandfather died, so we are reminded by the blossoms that its that time of year. Bless grandad.

What is this?? It suddenly went ba-doing and popped up in an old pot near the back of the garden and its gooorgeous. I'm in love with it.
    Its the brightest thing in the garden and you can see it from the window although its right in the back!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trees gone a bit mental. What specifically do i have here?
    [​IMG]

Somewhere we have a photo of Darrens sister when she was younger standing beside this tree when it was tidgy, you could see all the fencing on each side. Crackers.

If i find it i'll upload it.

Anyway, thats me for today.

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Lovely Piccies Whiley - thank you for showing us!

YAY! Another patch of messy bird garden bit! Love it!

That bright pink flower looks like a rhododendron bush - but which type... [​IMG] ... Blowed if I know!

Yep - we both like our little blossoms don't we ? (And I'm not referring to Darren or James there!)

Bet your cats love roaming round your patch of garden !

HORATIO????? [​IMG]

Some primroses would look lovely in that well - they shouldn't put too much stress on its infrastructure - although I guess it may be getting past their flowering time soon?

4. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    your wishing well Whiley, is brilliant so are the rest of your photos [​IMG]

5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah thank you loves!

Admittedly the wishing well is a bit dead but i quite like it! Thank you [​IMG]

I love my blossoms Kath, man and tree alike :D

And actually it seems our garden isnt actually used by Shelby or Artemis, because Artie is an indoor monkeypants, and Shelby hates going outside.

However, we have all the other cats in the neighbour making the most of it!!

6. The Lost Antheus

The Lost Antheus Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    That's a really healthy looking Rhodie!
    I love the blosom too!

7. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it??

It hasn't been touched for 5 years! I'm adopting the garden after neglect!

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Everything looking good Whiley thought that was Darren dossing by the well for a moment :D

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Looking really good Whiley.... [​IMG] Re-claiming a garden is hard work, but fun.... ;) [​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    great pics whiley,thanks for showing, pretty flowers you have there, my 2 lillies have just come up in my pot on the balcony, everything is just starting to grow so i should get some nice flowers eventually, i hope. enjoy [​IMG]

11. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah thank you for comments lovelies! My little patch of mess :D

I'm really looking forward to see my lilies too!

It is very hard work, but to be honest, i'm starting to become comfortable with how it looks now its a bit tidier.

Just bought some birdie bits so going out to put them up now. :D

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Whiley missed this thread maybe because I'm a lazy bones and stick to only a few threads out of habit? :o

Nice to see your garden don't worry in no time at all you will have it how you want it and in the meantime enjoy hacking away at all the things you don't like, after all a good hack is a great way to release your murderess vibes without the hassle of getting a very long jail sentence.:D Hel.xxx.