1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Congratulations to Sheal for winning the January Photo Competition!
    AND
    That also makes Sheal our first entry in the Champion of Champions thread for 2018!

February's Photo Competition is now open, with December's winner Canadian Lori choosing the theme - February: Bliss or Bleak?

The Recipes area of the forum continues to thrive, with a library of tasty recipes growing all the time - if you have any suggestions, please do join in with the Recipes Sub-Forum Discussion

Or, why not learn something from our very own resident CHEF!

Dismiss Notice

Whiskey Barrel Planter x2 Styles

Discussion in 'Container Gardening' started by The Unusual Fruit Garden, Jan 15, 2018.

1. The Unusual Fruit Garden

The Unusual Fruit Garden Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +32
    I just took delivery of some whiskey barrel planters I ordered online, one is the standard round half barrel but the other is a full barrel cut length ways to make a cradle style planter, quite unusual I thought so made a quick video to show them for anyone interested as it wasn't actually listed on eBay but was pictured by a seller who sold me one after enquiring.

• Like Like x 6
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.

Housewife
      Ratings:
      +1,827
      Thanks for showing these @The Unusual Fruit Garden as a neighbour as a round one and made his into a water fountain and my sister had one for years done as a well...they're very sturdy [​IMG]

• Gail_68

Housewife
      Ratings:
      +1,827
      • Like Like x 2
      • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
        +6,211
        I have 5 cut in 1/2 ie 10 huge Whisky barrel planters (think they are the biggest you can get which makes them really good for planting in as they don't dry out quickly). I grow mainly Tulips and Lilies in mine as neither last that long grown in the soil here while in the tubs I have Lilies which must be about 10 years old and going strong. Obviously the drainage is very good making the difference between the bulbs surviving and not.
        Luckily Diageo have a bonded warehouse fairly close to where I live so with a little bartering I got the barrels (whole) for not a lot of money:). The warehouse guy had even bothered to pin the barrels for me which was a great help . We had to go and get them and then saw them in half. I cannot say that this was a trying task as the fumes of Whisky coming from the barrels as we cut them was divine AND there was about 1/2 pint of Whisky left in each barrel:Wino:.
        IMG_2634 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 6
        • Gail_68

Housewife
          Ratings:
          +1,827
          Omg just look at these beautiful ideas from using whisky barrels :wow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
          • Gail_68

Housewife
            Ratings:
            +1,827
            Well members this is ideal if your outside and you either need a good warm or for making a :coffee: :yahoo:

[​IMG]