wild Orchid?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by luke_arnold, Jun 28, 2011.

1. luke_arnold

luke_arnold Apprentice Gardener

Recruitment
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

My first post on this forum.

I seen this flow which is in or carpark at work. Can somebody identify it for me please, its small, about 6 inchs high. Its in a carpark in the middle of a town and i cant understand how or why its here. Its very petty and looks like an orchid which i buy the wife from the supermarkets!!

Any feedback??

Thanks

Luke

Attached Files:

2. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    It looks like a "snapdragon" (antirrihnum) that has most likely self seeded from a basket/pot at some point, the plant in the front of the picture popping up between the slabs looks like another..:thumb:

3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Yep I agree, Sorry Luke, welcome to the site by the way. It`s just your everyday Snapdragon. ( Antirrhinum ).:dbgrtmb:

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Luke,

I agree with Dai & Bilbo, Snapdragon. The smaller flowers are Ivy Leaved Toadflax, also related to Snapdragons.

5. luke_arnold

luke_arnold Apprentice Gardener

Recruitment
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all, i am very new to the gardening game but i am willing to learn. I now know what a snapdragon is!! They must be easy to grow back home in my garden if this little one just seeded its self inbetween paving stones.

p.s. after seeing your reply i had a look around and there are some hanging baskets on the otherside of the carpark.

Thanks and well done :yess: