Will we see the Comet with this telescope...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kandy, May 13, 2013.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Whilst on holiday last week I had a text from a friend of mine who was moving out of the village and she wanted to know if we were interested in buying her hubbys Astronomical Telescope for £50.Anyway we went and picked it up this afternoon and Mr Kandy has been cleaning it up and putting it back together again.

As there was no proper name on it just a model number which i have Googled and have come up with this model....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TS-Optics-M...accessories/dp/B006GOXYQG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ph_3

I have looked at reviews about it and Mr Kandy has just been reading write ups on the Sky at Night Magazine Forum and members on there are saying not to waste money on these cheaply made imported telscopes.

As we have only paid a small amount for it and don't expect it to be as good as the really expensive telescopes,we would like to know if there is any chance we could get to see the comet that is going to be in the skies later on in the winter?

As I can't find a forum on all things Astronomical,I have stuck it in this section but if it is in the wrong place then please move it:smile:

Any advice would be appreciated...Thanks:smile: