1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Woody Lavender

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by mazambo, Oct 13, 2018.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Hi everyone
    I have a neglected woody lavender plant, it's an old plant and didn't do very well this year, I believe you shouldn't cut into old wood which would leave it very sparse, is it worth while trying to keep it going? If it's best to remove and put in the compost bin I don't mind.

Attached Files:

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Hiya mazambo :)
    Buy a new plant.....lavendar is cheap anyway but a young fresh plant will look so much better and flower much better. Some attractive varieties too ....Grosso, for example, has fantastic scent.:)
    Give it the best possible drainage, put it in the hottest possible spot and prune quite hard after flowering and you will have a long lived, very floriferous, scented specimen

3. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Thanks @Verdun, I will do that, I have loads of lavender plugs that are growing well so I'll use some of them.

4. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Excellent. Best to pot them up into 9cm pots for winter though mazambo and then to plant out in spring :)

5. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1