World Garden/Lullingstone

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Victoria Plum, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum Gardener

Ratings:
    +43
    We visited the World Garden in Kent at the weekend. Wow. I love the whole experience, from the weird and wonderful plants to Tom sitting in his potting shed sharing advice with all who enter.

We went for the first time last year, when we had no garden of our own. We hadn't seen the tv show that followed Tom Hart Dyke's journey from his kidnapping to the making of the garden. We bought a plant there to give to my mum and Tom was delightful then, even though we had no idea who he was. We then saw the two series were being repeated on uktv gardens and put them on planner to watch. We instanly fell in love with the place and of course Tom!

Going back this year was a fantastic experience. What I love the most is the layed back approach and the warm and welcoming atmosphere. It isn't a WOW garden as a whole yet, but you do wow at some of the plant specimens and definitely at the huge amount of information you get from Tom himself when you enquire about any plant or make a purchase.

I defy any woman not to instantly swoon at this unlikely heart throb!! :luv:

http://www.lullingstonecastle.co.uk/tomsblog.htm

2. Nat75

Nat75 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Have been to the garden a few times now, it's great to see where plants actually come from and Tom's a real character really passionate about plants,fab:gnthb: