Worthwhile horticultural Projects in Lancahire?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by theplantman, Feb 17, 2010.

1. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have access to sometimes large umbers of plants that are 'wasted' often wih very little wrong with them, if anybody knows of a worthwhile project in lancashire that could use them it is possible they could be donated.
    The project would need to collect, perhaps at short notice, the plants would be a mixed bag and they MUST not be for resale....I find it heartbreaking disposing of healthy plants but its prooving difficult to give them away.

2. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm as I suspected its surprisingly hard to give plants way

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Hi Plantman Yes I know what you mean I.m sure there are plenty of charities that would welcome them,Hospices, Helping Hands and Schools ect maybe who have a project going on,I know that they would bite your hand off for them down here as I regularly do some Gardening work for them:)

4. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    youd have thought so woo but ive contacted a few places with little intrerest..perhaps I need to be more persistant