You have inspired me........

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by pink pixie, Feb 14, 2015.

1. pink pixie

pink pixie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    in my first post a couple of weeks ago I was telling you all about the problems of my shady very wet back garden.various people responded and you have all inspired me . Last year -the first year in the house- I was tearing my hair out as some of the plants I planted just died as they drowned in the mud! This year I am going to embrace the muddy side!!

As someone suggested I am getting some treated timber and am going to build up the area backed up and add sand and grit in an effort to make it better. I have also been looking at plants suitable for a bog garden and shade and although personally i like more flowery and colourful plants in the pink spectrum on the whole this isnt possible although there are some.

I am also going to tackle another boggy part of the garden and putting a couple of wooden battens or similar in then gravelling over the really bad bits which once used to be lawn but grass really doesnt grow there and its a mess!

I will get a couple of before and hopefully after photos to share with you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Go for it Pixie:dbgrtmb: I'm sure you'll do great job,it's hard getting the right balance in some of the difficult situations in the garden isn't it but it's surprising how they can be overcome even though it can be frustrating at times:rolleyespink:...Not sure if it was already mentioned but Astilbe 'Bressingham Beauty' is a lovely plant with lovely pink blooms,perfect for your situation:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
        Ratings:
        +7,491
        Good luck with it pixie. It can be discouraging when you've got a difficult garden but the other way of looking at it, is to see it as a challenge and make something really good out of it.

Here's a link with some plants for shade. My garden's north facing, small and shady. I've used this company and recommend them.

http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +31,885
          Sounds great pp :dbgrtmb:

Good luck with your plans and I'm really looking forward to the before and after shots :)

• wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +91,667
          Good morning Pink Pixie the inspiration was already there we just brought it to the surface my friend,please keep us all up to date with your progress:smile:

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1