1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yummy!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Paladin, May 6, 2007.

1. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Do you feed yours?...These chappies had bacon for breakfast,I reckon it's better than them eating one another! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    No, we don't. There is enough greenery growing on the stones in our pond for them to have a feast on. I don't think they eat one another, it's all the other critters in the pond that eat them. Or the birds, the blackbirds are the worst for eating them and our newts.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Kedi tadpoles start off eating algae but just before they leave the water they have a transitonal stage were they become carnivorous you find them sucking on worms and the like that fall in, try a piece of meat on a bit of cotton dangle it in and watch them enjoy it,newts are very cannabalistic always eating their smaller siblings.

4. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    I hope I never see a cute little frog sucking on a worm, it gives me the shuddders just thinking about it! I saw a pic of a large frog doing just that once, it was positively disgusting. I love our pond and all the critters in it, barring the leeches, but I don't want to see such things, ugh!

5. Claire75

Claire75 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting - bf and I have kept saying we must check out what tadpoles eat - so now we know!