Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 11

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Vonsworld77

A gift from the birds!

Yes, definitely cotoneaster. :blue thumb: Evergreen, small white or pinkish flowers that tiny bees go nuts for, followed by red/orange berries that the blackbirds love. Can be trimmed to a size that suits....
    Yes, definitely cotoneaster. :blue thumb: Evergreen, small white or pinkish flowers that tiny bees go nuts for, followed by red/orange berries that the blackbirds love. Can be trimmed to a size that suits.Self-seeds readily, but seedlings are easy to pull up or transplant. I like it a lot as an easy...
    Yes, definitely cotoneaster. :blue thumb: Evergreen, small white or pinkish flowers that tiny bees go nuts for, followed by red/orange berries that the blackbirds love. Can be trimmed to a size that suits.Self-seeds readily, but seedlings are easy to...
    Yes, definitely cotoneaster. :blue thumb: Evergreen, small white or pinkish flowers that tiny bees go nuts for, followed by red/orange berries that the blackbirds love. Can be trimmed to a size that suits....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. My Clay Jungle
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fof

Polygonatum multiflorum or ??

@Silver surfer I've just checked all our plants and all the dozens of stems have just a single ridge. does that make them x hybridum? :scratch:
    @Silver surfer I've just checked all our plants and all the dozens of stems have just a single ridge. does that make them x hybridum? :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nigel62

Plant or weed

For years I have tried to grow geraniums there, with no success, then something seeds there?! Lol. I'll have to check labels, I'm certain I never put that one in there, if I have some of the old...
    For years I have tried to grow geraniums there, with no success, then something seeds there?! Lol. I'll have to check labels, I'm certain I never put that one in there, if I have some of the old dead plant labels.
    For years I have tried to grow geraniums there, with no success, then something seeds there?! Lol. I'll have to check labels, I'm certain I never put that one in there, if I have some of the old dead plant labels.
    For years I have tried to grow geraniums there, with no success, then something seeds there?! Lol. I'll have to check labels, I'm certain I never put that one in there, if I have some of the old...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nutcracker South Somerset

Clematis identification please.

@Mrs Hilliard I think it might well be that. Very floppy as you say and I failed to get the hazel twig corral in place so reduced to canes and string which is a bit unsightly. The patch is about...
    @Mrs Hilliard I think it might well be that. Very floppy as you say and I failed to get the hazel twig corral in place so reduced to canes and string which is a bit unsightly. The patch is about 2x2 feet so may divide it later on.
    @Mrs Hilliard I think it might well be that. Very floppy as you say and I failed to get the hazel twig corral in place so reduced to canes and string which is a bit unsightly. The patch is about 2x2 feet so may divide it later on.
    @Mrs Hilliard I think it might well be that. Very floppy as you say and I failed to get the hazel twig corral in place so reduced to canes and string which is a bit unsightly. The patch is about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave007

Killing White Bryony

For weeds with inaccessible roots and other plants nearby, I have occasionally used a large fizzy drink bottle with the bottom cut off, pop it over the weed stuffing as much of the leaves as...
    For weeds with inaccessible roots and other plants nearby, I have occasionally used a large fizzy drink bottle with the bottom cut off, pop it over the weed stuffing as much of the leaves as possible inside, spray through the bottle neck. The best were some 3l (I think) pepsi bottles that OH had...
    For weeds with inaccessible roots and other plants nearby, I have occasionally used a large fizzy drink bottle with the bottom cut off, pop it over the weed stuffing as much of the leaves as possible inside, spray through the bottle neck. The...
    For weeds with inaccessible roots and other plants nearby, I have occasionally used a large fizzy drink bottle with the bottom cut off, pop it over the weed stuffing as much of the leaves as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Grays

Anyone identify this large shrub?

Yeah, you learn as you go along don’t you. The large one in flower, I have pruned before, but only very lightly like you say. The ones on the front drive I have reduced with loppers unaware of...
    Yeah, you learn as you go along don’t you. The large one in flower, I have pruned before, but only very lightly like you say. The ones on the front drive I have reduced with loppers unaware of what a hard prune would do, they will have to come out then. Thanks all.
    Yeah, you learn as you go along don’t you. The large one in flower, I have pruned before, but only very lightly like you say. The ones on the front drive I have reduced with loppers unaware of what a hard prune would do, they will have to come...
    Yeah, you learn as you go along don’t you. The large one in flower, I have pruned before, but only very lightly like you say. The ones on the front drive I have reduced with loppers unaware of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PoppyStarFlower

Solved What is this?

I had a friend in Belgium who was from Zimbabwe and married to a Greek Belgian. He had no interest in gardening and she didn't know European plants. They bought a beautiful, interesting house...
    I had a friend in Belgium who was from Zimbabwe and married to a Greek Belgian. He had no interest in gardening and she didn't know European plants. They bought a beautiful, interesting house with an odd shaped and neglected garden. She carefully weeded the beds which left mostly bare soil...
    I had a friend in Belgium who was from Zimbabwe and married to a Greek Belgian. He had no interest in gardening and she didn't know European plants. They bought a beautiful, interesting house with an odd shaped and neglected garden. She...
    I had a friend in Belgium who was from Zimbabwe and married to a Greek Belgian. He had no interest in gardening and she didn't know European plants. They bought a beautiful, interesting house...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Grays

Anyone identify this plant that keeps coming back each year?

It's Pulmonaria...Lungwort.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. welshone

Can anyone Identify this weed

It is a Willowherb. There are several types. It will flower … almost every type of plant produces a flower and seeds even if they’re hardly noticeable. I would get rid of all those that you see …...
    It is a Willowherb. There are several types. It will flower … almost every type of plant produces a flower and seeds even if they’re hardly noticeable. I would get rid of all those that you see … plenty more will appear to take their place … get rid of those too … plenty more will appear to...
    It is a Willowherb. There are several types. It will flower … almost every type of plant produces a flower and seeds even if they’re hardly noticeable. I would get rid of all those that you see … plenty more will appear to take their place … get...
    It is a Willowherb. There are several types. It will flower … almost every type of plant produces a flower and seeds even if they’re hardly noticeable. I would get rid of all those that you see …...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sazz101

Solved Help! What is this plant?

Agree about burdock. Verbascums do have more grey in their leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Robodendron

Solved ID please

And thanks Plantminded!
    And thanks Plantminded!
    And thanks Plantminded!
    And thanks Plantminded!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. AnniD

Solved Help with id of this weed (?) please

This plant whatever it is , seeds all over my garden :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CanadianLori
    Like x 3

Solved I hope it's not a weed as it is pretty, anyone recognize it please?!

The white ones are pretty too
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Tui34

Solved What is this weed, please?

Thats what guerilla gardening is for !
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Wiltshirewild

Pink flower clump

Looks about right. And a very happy plant it seems to be! Mine died (clay soil), but here’s a close up of the flower for comparisonSaxifraga arendsii ‘Pixie Rose’
    Looks about right. And a very happy plant it seems to be! Mine died (clay soil), but here’s a close up of the flower for comparisonSaxifraga arendsii ‘Pixie Rose’
    plant.jpg upload_2024-4-26_13-53-50.png P1040881.JPG IMG_4744.jpg 51104802382_a5f9bc1344_o.jpeg IMG_4881.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Jess91

Weed ID please?

Looks like one of the thistles.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Victoria

Solved Bug on Photinia 'Red Robin'

Baalmaiden, wiseowl, DiggersJo, and Papi JoI have read the threads and taken on board the contents. I am concerned because I have Brugmansias to one side of it and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis...
    Baalmaiden, wiseowl, DiggersJo, and Papi JoI have read the threads and taken on board the contents. I am concerned because I have Brugmansias to one side of it and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis to the other side, my pride and joy collections.I will just monitor in the meantime.
    Baalmaiden, wiseowl, DiggersJo, and Papi JoI have read the threads and taken on board the contents. I am concerned because I have Brugmansias to one side of it and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis to the other side, my pride and joy...
    Baalmaiden, wiseowl, DiggersJo, and Papi JoI have read the threads and taken on board the contents. I am concerned because I have Brugmansias to one side of it and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis...
    Photinia Bug2 25 Apr 24.png Photinia Bloom Bug 25 Apr 24(1).jpg -thank-you.gif Fim de Semana.gif.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. AnniD

Am I nuturing weeds ?

I think l will consider them weeds and dispose of accordingly....or I could give them back to my MIL :biggrin:. Seriously though, thanks for your help everyone .
    I think l will consider them weeds and dispose of accordingly....or I could give them back to my MIL :biggrin:. Seriously though, thanks for your help everyone .
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Grays

Solved Shrub ID please.

if every poisonous plant in the garden was removed there wouldn't be much left. To me weed describes anything I don't like. Fear is the current climate. People, pets and plants coexisted for a...
    if every poisonous plant in the garden was removed there wouldn't be much left. To me weed describes anything I don't like. Fear is the current climate. People, pets and plants coexisted for a very long time before hysteria set in.
    if every poisonous plant in the garden was removed there wouldn't be much left. To me weed describes anything I don't like. Fear is the current climate. People, pets and plants coexisted for a very long time before hysteria set in.
    if every poisonous plant in the garden was removed there wouldn't be much left. To me weed describes anything I don't like. Fear is the current climate. People, pets and plants coexisted for a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice